Monday, June 11, 2018

I've Made a Huge Mistake

You might remember, way back in the first episode, when I said this (cue flashback fade and chime sound effect...)
I'm not that interested in the apps that already exist in the O_C firmware and this blog isn't going to be about those at all.
This was a huge mistake.

I got my O_C two days ago, and I've spent pretty much all of that time reading source code and poking at it.

Sure, I tried Quantermain a little bit, and I tried Piqued a little bit. But I really haven't spent much time with the canonical firmware because I plan to eventually replace it almost entirely with my own stuff. O_C doesn't have much memory, due to Teensy not having much memory, so I have to make room for my ambitions.

However, as I looked at the source, I realized that learning how the O_C actually works as a user will answer a lot of my questions, and ultimately save me a lot of time.

So I'm putting the code away for a while, to just play around with O_C. Don't worry, I'll get back to the development part soon. See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pitch Calculation and Output

"If pitches were horses, we'd all be eatin' steak." --Jayne Cobb And where have I been for almost two months? I was busy...